For lower wait times, please mention your appointment when you arrive.
Your satisfaction with your clinic visit is important to us. A good office visit must be a win-win for you and your doctor. It's what you both want, and you play a big part in making it happen. Research shows that patients who are active in their own care do better.
At Open Care Medical Center, office visits are simple and stress free. Many people are nervous about what a visit to a doctor will be like, especially speaking about their personal symptoms. Rest assured, there's absolutely no need to be nervous at all.
After you read this, you will feel much more comfortable about your visit. In fact, you'll be surprised by how simple the whole process really is.
1. When you come in for your scheduled or walk-in appointment, you will fill out a questionnaire about your medication condition and the treatments that you've received for these conditions. You will be greeted by friendly, competent, and caring staff that will assist you in filling out all necessary paperwork.
2. You will then present your California Driver's license or other form of identification to the receptionist who will make a copy. You'll then wait until you are called.
3. Depending on your situation, you may receive a brief physical examination, which will also focus on the condition in question. If you have documentation for your condition or its symptoms, that is best. This may be in the form of medical history and records, prescriptions and medicine bottles, x-rays, MRIs, chiropractor visit reports, and many other forms. However, having documented medical history is not absolutely necessary, and if you don't have, our doctor will see you anyway and help you to the best of their ability.
4. The most important part of your first visit is consultation. You may also need to see additional specialists or have tests, so please reserve some extra time for your first appointment. It’s a good idea to come prepared with a list of questions to ask your physician. Your doctor will assess you, answer your questions, and address your needs through a treatment plan. You will have time to ask questions so you fully understand the doctor's instructions.
Following the initial assessments, an individualized treatment plan is created with specific, measurable and realistic treatment goals. Treatment plans take into consideration the client's culture and background, lifestyle, special needs , support systems, as well as the individual's strengths and weaknesses. For medication consultations you will receive a prescription which you can fill at a pharmacy. For medical marijuana patients you will receive a letter of recommendation signed by your doctor and embossed.
Unlike many clinics that require you to pay a fee up front, if our doctor decides that you are not eligible for a prescription, you don't pay a cent! *This guarantee does not apply to opiate addiction patients*
When you come in, please remember to bring (As Much As Possible):
* Name and address of your referring physician and primary care physician (if any) * List of any medicines that you are or have been taking including over-the-counter medicines (if any)
* List of any known food or drug allergies (if any) * Important medical information such as medical records, or tests results such as X-rays, or laboratory tests (if any) * Financial resources to cover your co-payment or balance due at the time of service (cash, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover are acceptable methods of payment).
Choosing a doctor is one of the most important decisions you can make and we want you to consider the following when deciding where to make an appointment:
1. Professional staff: We pride ourselves in our ability to educate patients on every aspect of being a patient. Our office managers will spend as much time as you need on the phone and at your appointment to make sure you have every question answered.
2. Our physicians: all Open Care physicians are recognized as experts in their respective medical fields. Our doctors are known and loved for their incredible bedside manner and ability to help patients feel at ease during their visit.
3. Our clinics: We understand that patient privacy is your number one concern. Our clinics are located in a very private and safe location so that you do not have to worry about your privacy being violated. Our office is set up just like any doctors office with a reception area, a waiting room and a doctors office. We require our staff to adhere to a strict dress code to include lab coats and professional attire. We demand nothing less than the best when it comes to your office experience!
4. Patient privacy: All our our staff members receive HIPPA (privacy) training and we make your privacy our #1 goal!
We've now been serving Orange County & Southern Calfifornia with the highest quality medical care for over 11 years!
All of our doctors are board certified Doctors licensed by the Medical Board of California.